Webinar Alert: June 7, 2022 – Post-Pandemic Workforce Management: What HR and LR Professionals Need to Know
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly changed the nature of how work is done. What will the post-pandemic workforce look like across Canada? What new obligations and risks exist for Canadian employers?
On June 7, 2022, Marcia McNeil of our office will join a panel of experienced counsel from Advocates for Employers of Canada to provide a seminar on Post-Pandemic Workforce Management. The panel will address current employment issues, share important legal developments, and provide practical strategies to help employers successfully navigate the new world of work.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for in-house counsel, human resources professionals, and labour relations professionals across Canada.
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Time: 11:00 AM PDT / 12:00 PM MDT / 1:00 PM CDT / 2:00 PM EDT / 3:00 PM ADT / 3:30 NDT
Duration: Two hours
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Topics covered include:
- Occupational health and safety considerations for post-pandemic work, including the new Act to modernize the occupational health and safety system in Quebec
- Claims of constructive dismissal and wrongful dismissal relating to the return to on-site work
- The impact of the pandemic on common law reasonable notice entitlements
- The deductibility of CERB payments from wrongful dismissal damages
- Strategies for managing remote or hybrid workforces
- Issues of wrongful resignation and employee retention during the Great Resignation
- Innocent absenteeism and attendance management, including accommodation related to employee mental health
- Geneviève Mercier– Le Corre Lawyers LLP
- Laura Karabulut – Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- Jessica Bungay – Cox & Palmer
- Alison Adam – McLennan Ross LLP
- Marcia McNeil – Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP
- Scott Hoeppner – Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP
What is the AEC?
Multi-jurisdictional workforces have unique needs. AEC has assembled a national team of experienced local lawyers offering streamlined service through a single point of contact. We work collaboratively, leveraging collective knowledge and experience to provide location-specific advice, while maintaining a big picture focus on what matters most — supporting your business objectives.
No matter where you do business, AEC’s nation-wide network of top-ranked legal professionals provide practical and proactive legal advice on any challenge facing your workplace.
AEC Member Firms:
- Cox & Palmer
- Fillion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- Le Corre Lawyers LLP
- McLennan Ross LLP
- Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP
- Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP