Employment Contracts: What Canadian Employers Need to Know – Webinar
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 Webinar Alert for In-house counsel, human resources and labour relations professionals.
Employment agreements are one of the most effective tools employers have at their disposal, particularly when it comes to limiting termination costs and liability. However, contracts need to be precisely drafted to ensure they are binding, enforceable, and serve their desired purpose.
Join a national panel of knowledgeable speakers from Advocates for Employers of Canada (AEC) for an informative webinar on the latest case law developments, practical tips, and strategies to address common contractual issues, including:
- Termination provisions: is it possible to limit an employee’s entitlements to the minimums prescribed by legislation?
- Fixed-term agreements: are time-limited contracts ever a good idea?
- Incentives and bonuses: will an employee be entitled to these forms of compensation post-termination?
- Restrictive covenants: just how restrictive can they be?
- Amending an agreement: can terms and conditions of employment be revised after a contract is in place?
- The COVID effect: how has the ongoing pandemic changed the drafting of employment agreements?
- Jacques Provencher – LeCorre Lawyers (Québec)
- Casey Dockendorff – Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP (Ontario)
- Vicki Giles – McLennan Ross LLP (Alberta, Northwest Territories)
- Dean Crawford, Q.C. – Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP (British Columbia)
- Melissa Beaumont – Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (Manitoba, Saskatchewan)
- Geoff Breen – Cox & Palmer (Atlantic Provinces)
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Times by Region: 2:00 pm Eastern | 3:00 pm Atlantic | 12:00 pm Mountain | 11:00 am Pacific | 1:00 pm Central
We hope to see you there.